The Camper waste and recycling receptacle.
Ontario, Canada-based Tuffboxx has introduced the new dual-stream Camper waste and recycling receptacle strong enough to keep out almost any form of wildlife, the company says. The receptacle is a waste storage solution for campgrounds, parks, apartments, small businesses, fire departments and more. Features of the Camper include:
- two 32-gallon containers made of galvanized steel to keep animals out
- an interior hopper to direct waste to the inner liner and minimize waste deflection
- a mounting system on the base to secure the receptacle
- the option of mailbox-style chutes that close safely by gravity, or a top lid with 10” diameter chute holes to limit the size of waste
Visit www.usetuffboxx.com/camper for more information.
CP Anti-Wrap Screen.
San Diego-based CP Group has introduced the CP Anti-Wrap Screen for material recovery facilities to separate newspaper and large fiber from material with high-amplitude elliptical discs. Other features of the Anti-Wrap Screen include:
- high-agitation discs and extra-large rotor shafts to mitigate wrapping and reduce jamming
- one-bolt discs that are easy to change
- a foolproof lock out, tag out mechanism with a larger access door
- a non-pinching motion to eliminate jamming
Visit www.cpgrp.com/antiwrapscreen for more information.
Goodyear Endurance WHD retread.
Goodyear Endurance WHD retread is the newest addition to the Akron, Ohio-based company’s total solution of products, services and management tools for waste haulers. Features include:
- a dual-layer tread compound for slow tread wear and low rolling resistance
- a deep 32/32” tread depth to help extend the miles to removal
- self-cleaning grooves to help evacuate mud and snow
- a variety of different sizes
Visit www.goodyeartrucktires.com for more information.
Phoenix 1600 trommel screen.
Westport, Connecticut-based Terex Corporation has released its Phoenix 1600 trommel screen to screen a variety of material, including topsoil, compost, sand and gravel, wood chips and C&D waste. Features include:
- low engine RPM with a fuel-save mode to create high fuel efficiency with low operating costs
- a four-wheel-drive system with high-performance friction grip wheels to turn the trommel drum and give operators the ability to run bi-directionally
- Woven mesh or heavy-duty punch plate panels that can be fitted to the 16’x5’ drum to ensure all application requirements are met
- a 180-degree swivel fines conveyor with a discharge height of 19’4” that can be controlled with a remote
Visit www.terex.com for more information.
Remcon Plastics HBD bins.
Reading, Pennsylvania-based Remcon Plastics Inc. has launched two new eco-friendly, heavy-duty, high-bulk-density reusable polyethylene bins: the HBD-TR and the HBD-FB. Features include:
- detachable lids with optional drainage plugs
- a max load weight of 6,000 pounds
- use for a variety of products, including metal, ceramic powders and metal recycling
- stackability and detachable pallets (on the HBD-FB only)
Visit www.remcon.com for more information.
Air-Weigh BinMaxx Cloud weigh-in-motion scale.
Air-Weigh, Eugene, Oregon, has debuted the BinMaxx Cloud. The product combines the features of its front-loading BinMaxx Scale with a cloud-based portal. Features of the BinMaxx Cloud include:
- a front-end loader arm scale that uses cloud-based technology to collect and store data automatically via Bluetooth technology
- the ability to identify and record each lift daily
- a portal that displays container weight, lift locations, pickup fees and expected landfill charges
- the ability to generate detailed lift reports in spreadsheet and PDF formats
Visit www.air-weigh.com for more information.
Liftomatic 10HT-4W four-wheel hand truck.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois-based Liftomatic Material Handling Inc. released the Liftomatic 10HT-4W. The model 10HT-4W is a four-wheel hand truck designed with ergonomic safety in mind, which reduces the need for an operator to bear the weight of the load during transport. Features of the 10HT-4W include:
- a design to handle all rimmed steel, fiber and plastic drums weighing up to 1,000 pounds
- a drum truck with two 10-inch main wheels that have full roller bearings and two 4-inch swivel casters to support the drum
- Liftomatic’s parrot-beak clamping design
- a clamping mechanism that can be adjusted to handle all drum sizes from 10 to 85 gallons
Visit www.liftomatic.com for more information.
BinMaster Stockpile Reports estimating tool.
Lincoln, Nebraska-based BinMaster says the technology it offers can bring “precision and reliability to measuring and monitoring volume and tonnage in freestanding stockpiles.” Features of the Stockpile Reports estimating tool include:
- automated pile measurement using pictures from a cell phone, drone, plane or fixed camera
- data accessible and shareable on a web portal
- a dashboard populated with photographs, site statistics and materials reports with vital information on the volume, tonnage and condition risks for each pile
- ability for scalage from five to more than 500 piles for one site or for multiple locations managed by a company
Visit www.binmaster.com for more information.
Explore the November December 2018 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Waste Today
- GreenWaste acquires Hayward Transfer Station
- Ironclad acquires Adler Tank Rentals
- Michigan announces $800,000 more in community recycling grants
- Striving for efficiency
- New year, new ideas
- NYC mayor announces citywide curbside compost collection
- Recycleye raises $17M in Series A funding
- Facility for hard-to-recycle materials to open in Harrisville, New York