Seven drivers in Waste Pro’s Daytona Beach division have each earned a $10,000 Safety Award for their safe driving habits.
At a celebratory cookout on Nov. 1, drivers James Gorman, Nicholas Bruno, Curtis McRae, Jonathan Sjonvall, Marsellar Lowe, Jr., Ron Pifer Sr. and Denis Zeledon were each presented with a $10,000 check, Waste Pro says.
This is the second time Pifer has won the award and the third time for Zeledon.
“I am very proud of my team in Daytona and especially of the drivers who have achieved this prestigious safety award,” says division manager Ken DeForest. “To go three years without an accident, injury or property damage and to have no unexcused absences is incredible.”
Waste Pro says, “In an industry various safety organizations have consistently ranked as one of the most dangerous in which to work, safe driving habits are critical.”
The company established the $10,000 Safety Award program in 2004 to encourage drivers to drive safely. Since then, more than $3.5 million has been awarded to 300 drivers across the southeast United States.
To be eligible for the award, drivers must maintain a spotless work record for three years, including excellent customer service, no accidents, injuries or property damage, a positive attitude and attendance record and a well-kept truck.
Waste Pro is the only company in the United States that offers a $10,000 safety award to drivers.