FleetGenius LLC, a Naples, Florida-based waste container and compactor manufacturer and service company, has launched a full-scale hurricane relief effort to aid in the recovery from the devastation of Hurricane Ian, which struck the state during the last week of September.
“Florida is our home state, and I have been humbled by the desire of each and every one of our 600 employees to rise to the call to help their fellow Americans in need,” says FleetGenius Chairman and CEO Andreas Y. Gruson. “I have been sequestered with my senior leadership team at our Lenoir, North Carolina, production facility since Sunday night planning for our efforts. We have increased our production capacity and shifted scheduling to allow for the rapid manufacture and delivery of critical containers needed for the cleanup and recovery of the great state of Florida.”
In preparation, FleetGenius has been building an inventory of roll-off containers, compactor motors and power units and has sent a fleet of crane trucks and crews to assist in cleanup efforts.
Latest from Waste Today
- GreenWaste acquires Hayward Transfer Station
- Ironclad acquires Adler Tank Rentals
- Michigan announces $800,000 more in community recycling grants
- Striving for efficiency
- New year, new ideas
- NYC mayor announces citywide curbside compost collection
- Recycleye raises $17M in Series A funding
- Facility for hard-to-recycle materials to open in Harrisville, New York