Park City, Kansas-based Kice Industries has introduced a new sealing technology for its VJOT-series rotary airlocks in collaboration with Israel-based Tamar Seal.
Rotary airlocks are critical to pneumatic conveyance systems because they control the flow of bulk material. Kice has released these new mechanical seals to provide added protection against breakage, contamination and leakage, even in extreme dry-running conditions.
“We never pass up the chance to work with companies that can help us bring increasingly reliable and innovative solutions to our customers,” says Drew Kice, president and CEO of Kice Industries. “We chose Tamar because of their outstanding experience and proven sealing technology, which has been tested and shown to offer an extended service life in addition to the cost benefit of fewer maintenance requirements.”
According to a news release from Kice Industries, Tamar’s shaft-sealing technology allows operators to replace the sealant without dismantling or shutting down equipment. The seals contain no fragile components that would them resistant to abrasive materials. Kice says its customers also have the option of including predictive maintenance sensors, which deliver notifications when they detect that the sealant needs to be replenished.
Kice says integrating the seals to its VJOT-series rotary airlocks requires minimal design changes.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to help Kice Industries advance its products,” says Avi Vidal, CEO of Tamar. “It is a privilege to see our technologies being utilized by a leading brand that is known for its manufacturing excellence.”
Latest from Waste Today
- Department of Energy announces biofuels funding
- NED acquires Carolina Equipment Rental, Sales & Service
- Stellar opens new parts distribution center
- DTG Recycle acquires Clayton-Ward Co. in Oregon
- Waste Harmonics acquires New Market Waste Solutions
- Vermeer launches CS3500 contaminant separator
- BrightSuite to build solar panel system at closed landfill in Henrico County, Virginia
- CheckSammy launches carbon offset marketplace