Headquartered in Bossier City, Louisiana, Live Oak is a regional provider of solid waste hauling services for residential, commercial and industrial waste generators in northwestern Louisiana. The company currently services Bossier City under a long-term municipal contract in addition to commercial, residential subscription and industrial waste customers in the region.
“Live Oak was founded on the principle of providing first-class waste services to our customers,” Roy Walters, president and CEO of Live Oak, says. “We are ecstatic to partner with Kinderhook and continue expanding our service offerings throughout the region.”
“Live Oak is a fast-growing, well-established company with significant opportunities for expansion and an industry veteran at the helm,” Rob Michalik, managing director of Kinderhook, says. “We are very excited to partner with Kinderhook business-building professional Mack Mandell, who will serve as chairman of the board of directors post-close, and Live Oak CEO Roy Walters, to continue to operate and grow this business while providing the same great service Live Oak’s customers have come to expect.”
“We are excited to grow in this new market. We expect to bring a depth of experience to this platform as it begins to realize its next phase of growth and expand throughout northwestern Louisiana and East Texas,” Mandell says. “We will launch an aggressive growth plan with targeted add-on acquisitions across the region.”
The acquisition of Live Oak represents Kinderhook’s 57th environmental services transaction since inception. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Latest from Waste Today
- Department of Energy announces biofuels funding
- NED acquires Carolina Equipment Rental, Sales & Service
- Stellar opens new parts distribution center
- DTG Recycle acquires Clayton-Ward Co. in Oregon
- Waste Harmonics acquires New Market Waste Solutions
- Vermeer launches CS3500 contaminant separator
- BrightSuite to build solar panel system at closed landfill in Henrico County, Virginia
- CheckSammy launches carbon offset marketplace